casablanca banner

casablanca banner

Thursday 19 January 2012

Romancing the Stone (1984) - 'What did you do, wake up this morning and say, "Today, I'm going to ruin a man's life"?'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088011/

We watched Romancing the Stone right after the African Queen. I thought that their similar genres would compliment nicely and I was right. It was really neat to see two movies made 30 years apart that have so many similarities. I'm mainly referring to the characters and the genre of course (silly 80s movies have quite a different general feel than a movie made in the 30s haha) but they worked very well together nevertheless.

Romancing the Stone is one of my absolute favorites of the genre. They give you all the action, comedy, romance and adventure you could ask for in a movie like this and they pull off all aspects really well. Such a fun movie to watch and one just about anyone can enjoy I think. Micheal Douglas and Kathleen Turner are so fun together. Even though it was probably my 5th time watching it, it was just as great as the first time. :)


Amanda thought it was great too.. :P SO WATCH IT!


This is the last of the movies Amanda and I watched together... next movie with this concept in mind didn't come for at least a few more months.

Jumped back to the silent era for the 4th movie in my list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment