casablanca banner

casablanca banner

Thursday 21 April 2011

An Introduction

So I got a call from my friend saying that she found Casablanca at the library. Despite being a self-proclaimed "movie buff" and an encyclopedia of information on actors and movies (even those I have never seen) I have NOT seen this cinematic masterpiece. Actually.. for a self-proclaimed "movie buff" there are a lot of movies I haven't seen be it Oscar-winning films, cult flicks or iconic movies from the formative decades of cinematic history. A lot of my film education compromises entirely of movies from my dad's favorites list and, although I have seen a LOT of movies in my 21 years there are many decades and many actors, directors and genres that I have neglected.

To make a long story short, we decided to watch it. And it was great.

But it DID bring me to the realisation that my film education is FAR from complete.

Casablanca inspired us to expand our repetoire and start an exploration of the history of movies from the very beginning. As a fitting starting point, Casablanca will be the first in hopefully a long list of great stories and adventures, exceptional acting and directing, gorgeous cinematography and art, and of course simply some fantastic entertainment from all genres and decades of cinematic history. Movies have always meant a lot to me and have been my first choice for entertainment and enjoyment of art from a very early age. Now, I'd like to experience everything they have to offer, whether it be a certain genre, actor, director or decade.

This blog is merely a way for me to personally keep track of what we have watched.

And so it begins... with Casablanca.

- moose

No comments:

Post a Comment